Sunday, 9 February 2014

SLOG #3

Hey again, and welcome back to my SLOG for CSC148. This week's SLOG topic will be assignment 1. So as we all know, for assignment one, we need to work with a modified version of the Tower of Hanoi puzzle. As I have done some recursion in the past, I have run across this problem before, but I forgot the algorithm, until we were told in class. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that the problem was modified to 4 stools, so it wasn't just going to be review of the years before. I enjoy having opportunities to flex my programming muscles every once in a while rather than just relying on past knowledge to trudge through assignments.

Working to find more and more efficient methods to solve the recursive problem is probably the most fun part of the assignment. I hope to see that these kind of problems come up more, later in the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment